An installer patch is available for download.
Capcom regrets to inform consumers who have recently purchased the PC version of MotoGP 08 that we have just identified a technical issue with the PC version of the game. This issue only happens with MotoGP 08 PC when installing the game to a custom location on a hard drive; This issue does not affect the default installation, as it only occurs when the destination location has been changed.
Do not install the game from the original MotoGP 08 DVD. Capcom advises all consumers to download an updated installer specific to their region that addresses this issue. To install the game:
- Please download the installer file below for your region
- Run setup.exe from the downloaded installer
- Follow the on-screen instructions (you will be asked to insert the original MotoGP 08 DVD).
You may download an updated installer below. You must use the same installer region as your original MotoGP game:
- Czech/Polish - download here
- Europe - download here
- Russia - download here
- United States - download here
A Game patch for MotoGP is available for download. If you purchased MotoGP 08:
- In a box via a retail store in USA, click here and choose Run.
- In a box via a retail store in Europe, no patch is necessary!
- Via digital download, your game is already up to date!
Q: I have difficulty uninstalling - I get Unhandled Exception / Failed to Load DLL: FirewallInstallHelper.
This sometimes occurs on some machines when attempting to uninstall from the add/remove programs page. Instead, try these steps:
- Click the Start Menu button
- Click All Programs
- Click the Capcom folder
- Click the MotoGP 08 folder
- Click the Uninstall link
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Q: What ports do I need to open on my firewall/router to play online?
To play online, we recommend you open the ports on your firewall. If you are behind a router, we recommend forwarding these ports to your PC.
For more information on how to do this, please see your firewall or router's instruction manual.
- remote 29900 tcp
- remote 29901 tcp
- remote 27901 udp
- remote 28900 udp
- remote 27900 udp
- remote 28910 tcp
- remote 29910 udp
- local port range 20000 - 21000